National Security Technology Analyst
Second Front Systems is seeking a motivated and experienced researcher and/or analyst to join our growing research team. We are a small, dynamic, and entrepreneurial team working at the forefront of the convergence of technology, venture capital, and national security.
The national security technology researcher will play a central part in delivering actionable insights about innovative technology companies and the commercial state of the art to our government customers, developing new products, and further expanding our growing team. Subject matter will vary widely – from aerospace and autonomy to information technology and expeditionary, field-deployable solutions – requiring an agile mind and keen intellect.
The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, high performing environment; is a multi-talented, early-career professional with five years of experience handling a wide range of research, analysis, and writing responsibilities; is creative and eager to learn on the job; possesses superior organizational skills; and has extremely high standards for attention to detail and the quality of their work. Critical thinking skills are essential, as is the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations.
Responsibilities - What You’ll Be Doing
- Conceptualize new projects and assist with developing research methodologies.
- Unpack national security mission use cases and map to applicable commercial solutions.
- Understand and develop forward-looking insights including identifying key, predictive industry and commercial trends.
- Examine market sectors and individual companies for suitability for government work.
- Conduct literature reviews and in-depth research.
- Compose clear, concise summaries of research findings.
- Summarize and articulate overall research in data-driven studies to be delivered to our national security customers.
- Move fluently between commercial and national security lexicons.
- Work with and support an in-production software platform that is actively being refined and further developed.
- Training in and access to a number of cutting-edge research and analysis resources and tools.
- Build and maintain personal relationships with the government customers you support.
- Attend industry and government events.
- Participate in business development efforts.
Development and Leadership Opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, rapidly growing entrepreneurial start-up environment.
- Refine existing and develop new deliverables to best meet our government customers’ needs.
Qualifications - What You Bring to the Role
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional creative and collaborative problem-solving skills.
- Thoughtful and self-directed in rapidly and judiciously executing research projects.
- Good analytical judgment, especially regarding the quality of data and competing information sources.
- Strong multitasking and time management skills, as well as an ability to juggle multiple projects and competing priorities.
- An ability to work collaboratively and constructively with others in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer competency, including but not limited to technical proficiency with the G-Suite and Microsoft Office; ability and eagerness to learn to master new software tools and resources.
- Comfortable working with large sets of data and developing creative ways to analyze and present data.
- 5+ years of experience with the national security community, US military, Department of Defense, Intelligence Community, and/or federal acquisitions.
- Experience with venture capital and start-ups.
- Master’s degree or higher in a relevant area of study (e.g., the sciences, technology, national security, business).
Second Front offers competitive compensation and benefits as well as a very flexible work environment.
Interested candidates may submit a cover letter, resume or brief CV, and writing sample (not to exceed 1,500 words) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.