Second Front Systems is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Data Engineer to join our growing technical team. We are a small team working to accelerate the deployment of emerging technology into national security use-cases. We are seeking technical professionals who want to operate on the front lines of an exciting and disruptive mission.
RESPONSIBILITIES – WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
The backbone of Second Front’s acquisitions platform is data. The quality of our data is crucial for our Department of Defense customers, who need accurate, timely, and relevant information to make critical decisions about technology acquisition. Your work building data models and pipelines for the Second Front application will be critical to our users.
You will work with a small team of engineers, designers, and product managers to build and deliver our data-driven web application for our Department of Defense customers, spending 80-90% of your time in hands-on agile development writing code.
- Identify data needs and requirements, work with external data providers to identify solutions, and implement reliable and efficient pipelines to fulfill those requirements
- Design and maintain our data structures and models as the Second Front product evolves
- Implement alerting and testing to ensure the accuracy of these pipelines
- Communicate with the principal engineer, devops engineers, designers, product manager, and third-party partners to ensure effective development and delivery of the product.
QUALIFICATIONS – WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE
- BS in Computer Science, data science, or related field, or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills
- High energy, resourcefulness and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with limited direction
5+ years of practical experience with:
- Building data-intensive applications using relational, NoSQL, and graph database systems
- Developing and deploying data pipeline and workflow management tools to implement extract, transform, and load data functions ingesting a variety of 3rd party data sources
- Developing tests to ensure data quality and application reliability
- Implementing application telemetry and analysis to understand system performance and user behaviors
- Building models and algorithms to generate insights from raw data
Previous experience with:
- CI/CD tooling (Jenkins, Sonarqube, Anchore, Kubernetes
- Using Git, following a branching strategy, within a CI/CD pipeline
- AWS or GCP cloud infrastructure and services
- MongoDB, SQL, Neo4j, and related tools
- An active Security Clearance and previous experience working in national security, but these are not required