Second Front Systems is seeking a highly skilled and motivated DevSecOps Engineer to join our growing technical team. We are a small team with a passion for accelerating the deployment of emerging technology into national security use-cases. We are seeking technical professionals who want to operate on the front lines of an exciting and disruptive mission.
RESPONSIBILITIES – WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Leading a small team in the development and securing of a DevSecOps platform and infrastructure.
- Hands-on engineering, typically spending 80-90% of your time actually writing code to automate CI/CD pipelines, generate Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and Configuration as Code (CaC), and deploy and operate security services.
- Advising the CTO and company leadership on architectural design to support both Second Front products and products developed for government customers.
- Coordinate with other members of the engineering team to ensure the secure and reliable operation of Second Front and customer systems.
- Developing best practices, operational procedures, and documentation to ensure effective, company-wide execution of DevSecOps principles.
QUALIFICATIONS – WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills. High-energy, adaptive, self-starter with the passion and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with limited direction.
Required significant previous experience with:
- Automated deployment of cloud infrastructure, with a preference for AWS and/or GCP.
- Integrating and automating an end-to-end CI/CD pipeline, with an emphasis on testing and security tools.
- Deployment and operation of a microservices architecture using Kubernetes with Service Mesh.
Desired previous experience with:
- Department of Defense system architecture and security policies, to include the DevSecOps Reference Architecture.
- Active application and infrastructure monitoring for performance and security, to include incident response.
- Applicant must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance. A current active clearance is highly desired.