Second Front Systems is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Senior Software Engineer to join our growing technical team. We are a small team with a passion for accelerating the deployment of emerging technology into national security use-cases. We are seeking technical professionals who want to operate on the front lines of an exciting and disruptive mission.
RESPONSIBILITIES – WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Working with a small team on both the front and back end of our cloud platform.
- Hands-on Agile development, typically spending 80-90% of your time actually writing new code, tests to cover that code, and the infrastructure to support that code.
- Developing a deep understanding of integrations with other applications and systems within our end-user’s ecosystem.
- Communicating with end-users, third-party partners, and company leadership to keep key stakeholders informed about the development of our cloud platform.
QUALIFICATIONS – WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills. High-energy, adaptive, self-starter with the passion and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with limited direction.
Significant previous experience with:
- Full stack web development. Seriously. From styling to schema and beyond! Contributing to both the front and back ends of an enterprise grade web application
- At least one high level language (e.g. Go, C#, Python)
- Building out data structures and the RESTful infrastructure to execute CRUD operations
- Using Git and following a branching strategy
Previous experience with:
- CI/CD infrastructure (e.g. CircleCI, Jenkins, GitHub Actions)
- Bash scripting
- An active Security Clearance and previous experience working in national security, but these are not required